Friday, November 30, 2012

Rava Idli

I always heard about Rava Idli but never tried before at home. But yesterday one of my friends called me for Tea, and she makes some awesome Rava Idli. How can I stop myself doing some experiment at home?

This time my elder sister shared her Rava Idli recipe with me. It’s quite an easy method but little different than rice Idli. Rice Idli batter is made only with rice and urad dal but Rava Idli  batter is made with lots of ingredients and the main one is Rava or Suji. Which is the main part of this Rava Idli.

I enjoyed my breakfast with the Idlis, try at home I am sure you also fall in love with them.


 

Preparation time: 10 mints.
Cooking time: 15 mints.


Ingredients:

1.Rava or Suji : 100 gm.
2.curd : 75 gm.
3.Finely chopped green chilies: One tea spoon.
4.Finely chopped carrots: One table spoon.
5.Grated ginger : Half tea spoon.
6.Few cashew nuts.
7.Salt and sugar as per taste.
8.One tea spoon ghee.
For Tempting:
1.Few mustard seeds.
2.Few Urad Dal.
3.Few Curry Leaves.
4.Oil one table spoon.

Process:

Fry cashew nuts and carrots in ghee and keep it aside.

Now add little ghee in a vessel and fry the Rava for some time (switch of the gas before they become brown).

 

Now in a bowl add the dry roast rava and curd mix well and add all other ingredients with little water. The batter should be thick than rice idli.


Now add oil in a vessel and add mustard seeds, curry leaves and urad dal fry for some time. Now add them into the Idli mixture.

Now grease the idli pan with little oil and place the fried cashew nuts and carrots and then pour the batter into them (approx. one table spoon for one idli).


Now cook them in medium heat for 15 mint.

Serve hot with any Chutney.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I should try this for my son I'm sure he'll love it. :-)

    Regards,
    Mukta from mummumtime.com

    ReplyDelete